Thursday, September 27, 2007

Man Loses 6st on Baked Bean Diet

A Suffolk man lost six stone in six months on a diet of baked beans.

James Skeates, 28, has trimmed down from 21-stone to 15-stone by eating at least two large cans of beans a day.

The carpenter, of Haverhill, says he now has the energy to keep up with his young children Eleanor, three, and George, 10 months.

James joined his local Slimming World Class in March and lost around a stone a month to hit his target weight, reports the Cambridge Evening News.

James said: "I was getting through two tins a day, eating them in my breaks at work, then at home with jacket potatoes, wholemeal bread or pasta. I was never hungry, but the weight kept coming off.

"It didn't really cause me any problems eating all the beans, but strangely now I have reached my target weight I have recently suffered a bit more wind."

Isabel Hooley, a dietician for Suffolk NHS Primary Care Trust, said: "Baked beans are fine as part of a healthy, balanced diet, but we would not recommend more than one portion a day.

"Baked beans are low calorie, so if you eat them instead of cheese on toast for example, I would expect you to lose weight."

No comments:

Post a Comment